*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I thought I was ok

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Klynn30, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Klynn30

Klynn30 New Member

My dad passed away very unexpectedly in April just a few days after my birthday. I was out of the country when it happened and had to fly home. For awhile I thought if I’d have been there I could have helped somehow. But it was just so unexpected. For some reason I felt fine though. I didn’t cry much after I found out or even at the funeral. I thought maybe something was wrong with me. Now it’s all hitting me. I can’t sleep or eat and I just think about him all the time. And I can’t stop crying. It was just so unexpected and I feel like I’m reacting oddly

2. Stephanie Troha

Stephanie Troha New Member

I’m reacting the same way. My brother died June 1st. I’ve come to understand that how you’re reacting is completely normal. I also to have had sleep troubles and eating troubles. I see a counselor and she reminds me all the time that this is all part of the process. A process it takes time. Thinking about him and crying is extremely healthy. That’s how you’re healing.

3. Darren

Darren New Member

I can understand how you feel. I lost my partner of 9 years suddenly 5 months ago and I'm finding that I struggled a lot during the first few weeks but then I started to feel like I was coping just a little bit. Now that normality has started to set in I'm suddenly finding it more difficult again. I get upset more often now than i did a few months ago and I'm having to try and keep myself busy all the time even though I don't really feel like doing the things I enjoyed as solo activities before.