*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my younger brother on august 2nd after a long struggle with addiction and mental illness

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Hollz, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Hollz

Hollz New Member

I am finding grief a bit unbearable at the moment. This is the first major loss I've suffered. My parents are utterly destroyed and I feel like I've lost them too.

My brother died very suddenly but had been battling addiction for years and also mental health issues. He had made a few suicide attempts over the years and been in and out of treatment. Much much more to the story, and the last 6 years have been full of trauma. I feel broken and devastated.

hopeswiftly13 likes this.
  2. Ajez

Ajez New Member

I am going through something very similar. I just recently lost my sister to drug addiction/ mental illness. She died 8/28/20 and part of me still doesn’t want to accept it. This has been my most tragic loss as well, I never thought I would be here :(

hopeswiftly13 likes this.
  3. hopeswiftly13

hopeswiftly13 New Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss of your dear brother. I know there is nothing I can say to be very comforting, as I recently lost my little 16 year old sister suddenly to drug addiction as well. 3 weeks ago to be exact. I think I'm still in shock and denial. Feels like there's a huge gaping hole in my chest. I can understand your devastation. Why did they have to leave us so soon...