*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my soulmate

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Sarina, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Sarina

Sarina New Member

I've known him for 11 years now...we met as freshmen in university. We started dating 3 years later and 6 months ago we finally got engaged, a total of 7 years together. Our wedding was set in July, i bought my dress and everything was booked. During the last couple of years we had been in a long distance relationship due to our work conditions...he passed away alone after he was hit by a truck when crossing the road in Japan. We had 2 rules in our relationship, never go to sleep mad at each other and never ignore an issue without talking about it...he was perfect for me, he was my soulmate...it's been 3 weeks and I'm trying to cope...i was the first to find out he died, i kept calling his phone till the police picked up and told me he's dead...plain and simple...i had to travel to our home country the next day and wait for his body to arrive 4 days later so I could see him before the funeral..he was cold and rock hard, they couldn't even put a suit on him, he was buried in the hospital gown. It is so hard to sleep at night, we talked 24/7 about all our dreams and hopes, our past, present and future...he left a huge, ugly hole in heart...is there any hope left in life?

2. Mike Anderson

Mike Anderson Active Member

I am so sorry for the loss you have experienced the way you were informed is terrible. My wife and I had been the same way never stay mad and always work it out. We would hug and kiss every morning before I would leave to work. She would always tell me every day is a gift from god she is everything to me. We overcame so many obstacles and always finished on top. We were gonna have the best year ever then she died on 12/24/18 I will never be the same again. The only hope I get is at times when I get super sad I think of why I am so sad. The reason is because of how deeply I loved Isabel!!! I talk to her at home and when I am driving it is not the same but helpful.