*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my mom to cancer then my new husband divorced me suddenly.

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by Lauren1234, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Lauren1234

Lauren1234 New Member

I am so lost... My mom lost her 2 year battle with cancer. She did not make it to my wedding that was planned for just 2 months after she passed. When she was in the hospital all she talked about was my wedding. Then after marrying my partner of 5 years, he left suddenly just a few months after my moms death. He said "I love you" one hour, the next he came home and said I'm leaving, and I'm leaving tonight. I might add, we also just moved into my mom's house. And after working with a therapist, I have now realized that relationship was emotionally abusive and I did not even see it at the time. I am just having to process so much that I don't know how I will ever get back to normal.

BobGrief2023 likes this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your mother and the added stress of your husband who suddenly left even though the relationship was emotionally abusive. It is a lot for you to deal with at one time. I don't know if you will ever get back to what you consider "normal" but you will go on taking one day at a time. Dealing with grief and all the many emotions that come with it is a long process and there are no easy answers. You will have good days and bad days and I wish you the best.

3. singstein

singstein New Member

I am so sorry! It’s kind of what I am experiencing, just that my husband used to be a good one. Till hat decided to leave. we just have to get through it. I found help with therapy and would recommend it.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

So sorry you have had such heavy and unexpected losses. That is a hard blow to take.
    Life will be different now, but you can overcome with God's help.
    Sending you love and hugs,
    Chris

5. BobGrief2023

BobGrief2023 Active Member

I am sorry that you have to face that all alone, in the worst time of your life, he decides to leave, but how to deal with the grief about your mother is the most important.

Your husband you just let him go.