*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I Lost My Husband 11 days ago

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by AnnaS41, Nov 10, 2020.

1. AnnaS41

AnnaS41 New Member

I lost my husband recently and suddenly. Words cannot describe the immense amount of pain in my heart. We were married for 19 years. He was not only my husband, but one of my best friends. Every day feels like a nightmare. Every condolence feels like a punch to the chest. I don't know how I managed to plan his funeral. Every thing I do is only a temporary distraction. I miss him so much. We did not have children so I live alone with this.

2. HW2927

HW2927 Member

I am so sorry for your husbands passing. It is so painful and terribly sad.
    My husband passed away in August unexpectedly and like you he was my best friend too. I read good advice on here to take it one day at a time. It is true some days are a bit easier than others - I do try to get outside, walk the dog, and just breathe. I don’t know if you are religious but reading the bible helps if you are. Know you are not alone. I am praying for you. Hugs and love to you.

GaryM likes this.
  3. AnnaS41

AnnaS41 New Member

Thank you. I have been reading the Bible too. I'm having a hard time sleeping though and am experiencing physical fatigue.

4. Joey D.

Joey D. Member

I can very much feel your grief Anna. I suddenly lost my beloved wife Mary Jane in August. We were married close to 44 years and like you had no children. But she was my whole life and to think of going on without her is almost unbearable. When others give me well meaning condolences I still cry.

I did join a grief support group on line and also grief chat rooms. Those going through what you, I and others are and cannot speak to friends and family other than my brother and sister in law.

5. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

AnnaS41,

No words can not begin to describe it but we all know it exactly. Yes, making arrangements was near impossible. The funeral people are gifted in the way I was dealt with. We need the certificate for all the legal processes. I just asked the gentleman to look over what I was able to fill out. Just clueless as to detail. The fatigue as you mention is overwhelming.
    I am a little over two years. I absolutely recall those first months or a year at least. Pain, fragmented and missing. I am also sorry you enter this. The Hospice people including the after counseling were also amazing people. Dealing with our worst period.

Each day was unbearable. I am amazed over how many people I have met that in some way made things a little more bearable.

Wishing you these people.

Paul M.

6. LivingWithGrace

LivingWithGrace Active Member

Hi AnnaS41, I'm sorry for the loss of your husband. I, too, understand what you are going through. My husband of 33 years passed away unexpectedly, 4 weeks ago. We have no children.

Since we met we were inseparable. We spent all our time together. The first 10 years we were married we didn't have a car so we walked everywhere together. Whether it was a block or 11 miles, we walked. Now I walk alone, but it is very beneficial to me. The fresh air and getting my blood flowing is very good. I walk once or twice a day, for 45-60 minutes each time. It helps me collect and organize my thoughts. I listen to music, cry, talk aloud trying to understand and cope with my daily life. This physical activity also helps tire my body so I automatically rest and sleep.

I pray peace, understanding, and tranquility envelopes you quickly and completely.

7. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Me too Anna. I lost my husband, my one and only, on July 17. Unexpectedly after a short illness. We were everything to each other. We didn’t have kids, and the loneliness is unbearable sometimes. We were together for 18 years but were friends since we were kids, and dated in high school. I get through each day a little bit at a time. Too much to think about the future right now. Take care of yourself - eat, drink water, rest and reach out. You will find understanding and compassion here. You will be in my prayers.