*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I lost my fiance three and a half weeks ago suddenly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Ali Whyte, Aug 29, 2020.

?

Has anyone else lost someone suddenly and unexpectedly?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ali Whyte

Ali Whyte New Member

We were in our 50's and we met and fell in love. He was only 54. The weekend before we had committed to each other 100% and decided to spend the rest of our lives together. A week later he was dead. We are not sure what happened - he went in for a Covid test as he had a fever and his breathing was slightly off and had a cardiac arrest. We are not sure why. He had had a triple by pass before I met him when he was 49 but he was otherwise in good health. It was a terrible shock. I miss him terribly. I have an 18 year old daughter who is at college on line from home, my son is at college elsewhere. We were planning to spend the rest of our lives together and now suddenly he is gone and I am bereft.

2. Chadb202

Chadb202 Member

I'm sorry to hear that.
    God I hate that. I'm so sick of hearing it. But what else is there to say.
    I lost my wife in a car accident a month ago.
    I feel so lonely. I'm sure you do too.
    I get it.

3. Ali Whyte

Ali Whyte New Member

Well smoe people say 'it's going tot ake a long long long long long long long long time, which is worse :) Even if it's true. It is the hardest thing. I do think it will ease with time - but it is so hard. I feel lonely and confused. The onoyoy thing that helps is making mysyef spend time with peple wo when they say what can I do I sayy please bring dinner and just sti wit me while I talk about him.

4. Sweetcole

Sweetcole Well-Known Member

Im.sorry for your loss. My fiancee had health issues but his death was still suddenly. I took to the ER and couldn't be by his side due to Covid. The first time I couldn't be with him while in the hospital. We have a 4 and 2yr old. It's hard doing things for them without him but they are my motivation. We were suppose get married this year. He'd been ready but I kept wanting to wait. I regret wanting to wait now. I no what you mean when you say how bad you miss him. Hold on to the memories and he'll live on in your heart. I'm not gone say time will heal you. I only think it'll make us stronger to deal with the pain. Praying you get the strength you need to get through.

5. anetteba1

anetteba1 New Member

So many sad stories. My husband died due to bad doctoring, He was given a drug by an orthopedist that shouldn't have been given to a heart patient. He should be alive today.