*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I hate the holidays.

Discussion in 'Finding it Difficult to Move Foward' started by laurelizabeth.xo, Nov 22, 2019.

1. laurelizabeth.xo

laurelizabeth.xo New Member

It’s that time of year again, and instead of being excited for the holidays, I just want it to be over. Last year was my first holiday season without my grandpa, my best friend. But this year feels worse than it did last year. I’m sad all the time, because he loved this time of year. Everything makes me think of him. I know I should try to be happy - for my family’s sake - but I just can’t seem to do it. I don’t feel strong enough to make it through.

Brendameister and patricia k like this.
  2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

I agree that holidays are so very hard to deal with when everyone else seems to be joyous. In your heart you know that your grandpa would want you to participate and enjoy the holidays with your family and to stay strong. You will make it through this one day at a time. Wishing you the best.

3. Sheila512

Sheila512 Well-Known Member

My grandfather was the first person I lost in my life. He rallied the night before he passed and I was angry with the world for tricking me into believing he would get better. That was 60 years ago and I still miss him. I can hear his voice fussing with me for something. and that makes me sad. You will always hold him up to be the best grandpa ever and he probably was! If you feel sad on this holiday, forgive yourself. You are allowed to be sad, just don't let your sadness spill over on the rest of the family. Try and fake it, til you make it. You won't always be this sad, but you will always recall your grandpa at holiday times,,we all do.