*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I can’t seem to move forward

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Forever changed 2018, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Mothernature

Mothernature Member

Isn't it such a miraculous thing to share with another human being...so rare...total acceptance..

LouiseP57, glego and Barry like this.
  2. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Moving forward I think is sometimes so hard not only because we miss him/her, but there may be guilty feelings we're still here. Slowly, we'll claw our way back, I believe people seek happiness.

LouiseP57 and Mothernature like this.
  3. Mothernature

Mothernature Member

I've decided I can't live any other way, I simply don't have a choice.

glego likes this.
  4. LouiseP57

LouiseP57 Well-Known Member

5. LouiseP57

I'm sorry for your loss. I fully understand the pain of trying to navigate life without them. It's not like I don't know how to pay bills, get the oil changed, or even drive from place to place, but it doesn't feel right without him.

6. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. It gives me hope even thought things are very difficult now for me

LouiseP57 likes this.
  7. LouiseP57

I tell myself every morning "thank you God for another day ". I remind myself that I can only take life one breath st a time , one minute at a time. I cannot plan right now because my partner is not here to help me make the right choices. Then I give myself credit for little things like taking a shower, making my bed, cooking dinner, etc. Little things add up to big things.

JMD and Cyanotype like this.
  8. Cyanotype

Cyanotype Well-Known Member

Good idea to give myself credit for what I am doing. Thanks for sharing that.

LouiseP57 likes this.
  9. LouiseP57

I'm in SC. There are some beautiful places here. I hope you find peace. We have a place in Myrtle Beach that my husband loved to get away to during the fall season when it wasn't crowded. His birthday is Thanksgiving so we would go up for a week every year and celebrate the entire week. I can't even think about being there without him right now.

10. LouiseP57

Remember, we are works in progress. One minute at a time, one day at a time. There are still lots of tears ahead as we navigate this unfamiliar territory but I've found it is helpful for me to try to remember how grateful I am to have had his love and try to live my life in gratitude and some semblance of purpose. My best friend was widowed a year before me and I remember all the encouragement I tried to give her, now its tables turned.