*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I’m only 25 and dad was only 62 and lost him suddenly

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by JacobPospy, Jul 17, 2020.

1. JacobPospy

JacobPospy New Member

My dad was a fairly healthy man and his health drastically declined within 3 weeks from sepsis which caused him to have congestive heart failure and total kidney shut down. He passed away a little over a month ago and all I can think about is telling him goodbye in his hospital bed and how he was suddenly just gone. I am having a horrible time expressing my emotions and telling people how I am feeling.

2. AgustD

AgustD Member

I feel the same way. My friends can’t really help me right now because they’re so careful of what to say around me and it’s not really helping. I found it easier to talk about to people with the same experience.

I lost my mother six days ago. 14 days prior, we took her to the hospital because she was having a hard time swallowing. Her stay was just to find out what was wrong but on her 14th day in the hospital, the day she died, the worst thing to happen in my life happened in three hours. Her BP dropped, she got into a comma and died due to cardiac arrest. They tried to revive her three times.

I deleted all social media accounts except for a couple. I refused visitors and only talked to cousins, aunts and uncles. It is hard. I feel so broken and everything just changed. Like I said, can’t talk to others because I am afraid that I might be a burden and bum them out. Everytime I would go online and I’d see the threads in our groups, I’d ask, “everyone is so happy. I don’t get it.” That’s when I realized just because my world stopped, doesn’t mean theirs will also.

So if you need somebody, I’m here. Coz god knows I need somebody to talk to as well

3. JacobPospy

JacobPospy New Member

When I try to talk I just keep getting the same, “you’ll get over in time bs” and that does not help me at all. Also, yes feel free to talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to.