*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

I’m New. Recently lost my wife

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Drewp, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Drewp

Drewp New Member

Hi everyone. My wife passed suddenly on June 5th. She was active and fit. She had radiation years ago for lymphoma. This eventually caused her aortic valve to degenerate. She had multiple strokes and finally succumbed to heart disease. She was my love...partner...soulmate....and mother to our wonderful daughter. She was only 57yo
    I was in a bad snowboarding accident back in 2015. They thought I was dead. I suffered a traumatic brain injury among other things. I was in the hospital and rehab for months. Hers was the first face I remember seeing when I woke up. She visited me EVERYDAY in the hospital and inpatient rehab. I used to look for her out the window and wave goodby out the window when she was leaving. When I finally came hone, she supported me 100% and was my rock and my transportation. Just when I started to turn the corner....God called her home. I really miss her. Thank God for our daughter and the close relationship I have with her mother and brother. I realize that I grieve...but I have to try to live on...for our daughter.

Attached Files:

Medapa likes this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Drewp, I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you and your family have been through so much, and to lose someone so suddenly can make it very hard to know where to turn or what to do next. I'm glad you've found our site and I hope it can be a help to you. And thank you for sharing a picture of your beautiful wife.
    Sending you much hope for health and healing ~