How do I live without my husband

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by LaurieLoo, Jun 13, 2019 at 8:09 PM.

1. LaurieLoo

LaurieLoo New Member

I just lost my sweetie of over 20+ years. He was only 54 when he has a Massive Heart Attack... I feel so empty and noone seems to understand my loss. I keep being asked is there anything they can do for me...but how do I answer that when I don't know what I want anymore.....

2. NM Hiker

NM Hiker New Member

Just lost my husband the same way. Everyone asks me the same thing and I can’t answer either. Sometimes I’ll give someone a minor errand to do, but most things that need to be done are things I have to do myself.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

3. LaurieLoo

LaurieLoo New Member

Thanks for the response... I'm sorry for your loss as well. How old was your husband??

4. NM Hiker

NM Hiker New Member

5. June Johnson

June Johnson New Member

My husband was 50 when he suddenly passed in Dec. He died just before our 20th anniversary.

6. LaurieLoo

LaurieLoo New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your husband too. How have you coped?? I find that I'm ok during parts of the day and fall apart other times.

7. LaurieLoo

LaurieLoo New Member

It is real hard to understand why good people die so young. My husband was the most generous, sweet man I have ever met and I find right now... I'm on empty. Not sure where to go and what to do.... I lost him 14 days before my birthday which is this Monday (Jone 17) and I don't want to even celebrate anything.... He use to buy me flowers and we would walk on the beach for hours...on my special day... Now What???