*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Hidden grief

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by alexmichal, Aug 6, 2021.

1. alexmichal

alexmichal New Member

2.00 am, an other sleepless night and I can't stand my hidden grief. My family, my friends, my colleagues, everyone thinks that I got over my mom's death from cancer (6 months ago). I took care of her for every single moment for 3 years. I did the difficult journey with her, I stood by her side till her awful end. I swallowed my grief to support my father and my kids, her beloved grandkids. I cried alone at nights over my pillow. I feel angry( she was so young and she had many beautiful days to live). I feel devastated that I can't share my life with her, anymore. I can't feel joy in anything, I even don't get satisfaction from my job (that I love). I even feel frustrated with my husband because he thinks that I'm ok. I'm angry with my brother because he didn't visit her even knowing that she was dying. I feel overwhelmed because I have to take care about my father replacing somehow my mother. I feel envy of everyone who still have a mother. I even feel mean to all elderly women who are still alive (my mother in law included). I miss my mom, I feel disoriented...

2. Patti 61

Patti 61 Guest

3. That is so hard. One thing I saw... Don't get out of your PJs too soon... One you do everyone thinks you're ok. Maybe you too off your PJs too soon.