*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Help?

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by HelloImMe, Sep 18, 2019.

1. HelloImMe

HelloImMe New Member

I don’t want to sound dramatic, and i realize the title was over the top, but please help. i’ve lost 3 friends to suicide all over this past summer. i’ve never dealt with serious loss before, and it’s a whole new arena. i’ve tried a lot of things to help cope but i’m at a loss.

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry for your losses - that's an extraordinary amount of loss to have to experience in such a short period of time. Finding a good support system is going to be especially important right now. When we lose friends we often lose the people who would support us through difficult times, and I would imagine the remaining friends are equally impacted and struggling as you may be. That's why connecting with those not so closely affected may be a good start, and I'm hoping coming here can be a help. In addition to the people you can connect with here, you may also want to consider a Survivors of Suicide group in your area.
    In the meanwhile, go to our "Make a Connection" tab and then "Find Others Who Are Grieving" to search those who have also lost a loved one to suicide.
    And in addition to posting a new thread here, make sure you comment and interact with those who have already participated in an existing thread. I find people get a good response that way.
    Finally I'm including one of our articles on losing a loved one to Suicide and Overdose, I hope it can be a help:
    https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/suicide-overdose-5-things-only-survivors-understand/

3. Kellyj72

Kellyj72 Member

Hi, i read your post and i feel your pain. I lost my partner of 10 years to sucide less than 3 months ago. He is all i had. I do have family but they cant replace what ive lost. Sometimes people just dont understand. What i try to do is keep busy. I dont have much motivation, but i also keep busy and this seems to help with getting through the day. Do you have things to do during the day?
    If i didnt do things, i would just sit and cry and cry, and while i still have a cry everyday, this is ok because we are grieving , but i get up and make small little plans ( go to the shop, take my shower). Take things slow, and do nice little things for yourself, cause its easy to forget to do these things. U are not alone, and im sending u healing thoughts.