*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Grief Is Sinking In To A Deeper Level

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by stratocast, Apr 30, 2020.

1. stratocast

stratocast New Member

I lost my dad about a month and a half ago. Lately I have been feeling the loss at an even deeper level, and it really takes the wind out of my sails. Anything that reminds me of death or my dad being gone or loss just accentuates the emptiness lurking just underneath the surface of my daily life. I have a few good pictures of him I keep, but I have been upset at how I will never see any other expressions on his face, or his face at all again. I just wanted to get that out, thanks.

2. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Stratocast,

Hello again! Your feelings for your dad will be so very strong some days. Just roll with those moments, let yourself realize your dad will always be with you. Even as Sun arises each day, and you wake, it will be another day of memories. There is nothing wrong, you are just feeling the loss today more so than any other day.

After the loss of my wife I took a painting of her and hung it on our hallway. Each day as I walk past it I can see her smile, those beautiful eyes she had, and memories will come back. I might dwell a bit from one day to the next, but I always collect myself.

In your mind, in mine and everyone else, we each picture of loved ones, and those thoughts might never be the same. You have so many times can think back upon. How he raised you as a child. How he taught you right from wrong. How as each day past, he wiped those precious tears from your eyes. He bandaged those cuts. He read you stories. The list goes on and on.

So even though those pictures only look one way to you, your memories you hold show so much more Stratocast. Just think back upon the memories.

When I play music some mean more to me than others. They might bring back a trip we had, a time together with others. A time we shared doing something like going fishing. Your memories are no different. Think back to some of your first memories. Move forward with your thoughts and find another moment that you fondly remember. Just keep doing that and over time you will have so much to remember from day to day.

So just know that he will be with you always. You need only bring out those memories you had. Take care now. Peace be with you.

-david

Here is a song today

3. stratocast

stratocast New Member

Thanks, David, always appreciate seeing your posts.

I look forward to being able to see beyond the “lens of grief” toward more of a spiritual union of sorts with my dad’s spirit.

I am a music person myself, no doubt because my dad was always listening to music around the house. Many good musical memories there. He was really into classic rock. Kind of a double-edged sword because of how ubiquitous it is in the world because sometimes I am attacked by the grief upon hearing some tunes my dad loved. Thanks again and peace as well.

4. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

Stratocast,

I hope these don't give you grief, perhaps you have heard these before. Make sure to stop them if they are too emotional. I cut my teeth on classical rock, it was my bread and butter during Nam and my college years.

Stratocast - listen carefully and peace be with you remembering your dad

Nothing like letting a crowd get you moving

The man in the car

Did he ever visit New Orleans looking for that house

Who would forget her majesty - Queen

-david

stratocast likes this.