*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Friend abandonment

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Pam rische, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Pam rische

Pam rische New Member

Coping by yourself. Friends abandon

2. Pam rische

Pam rische New Member

My friend , who is a nurse, ghosted me after I shared horrific cancer death of brother in law.

3. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

I'm so sorry you had that experience - unfortunately it's not an uncommon one. Issues with family, friends, and coworkers are one of the biggest challenges following loss. There can be a lot of different reasons for this. You'll find those and some ideas on how to cope in the following article from our blog: https://www.griefincommon.com/blog/your-grief-is-terrifying-to-those-around-you/. I hope it can be a help to you~

CTINE likes this.
  4. SeaShell

SeaShell Member

Yes it’s so terrible to lose your loved one and then not have others validate that loss. My coworkers were pathetic. It was shocking how cold and callous they behaved. But that’s ok, their true colors shown thru. I am grateful I was raised to express kindness and empathy. there are a lot of warm and caring people out there in the world . Unfortunately most of my coworkers are turds. So I am flushing them out of my life. Just do my job and don’t waste a breathe on them. I save my hellos for the kind folks.