*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Feeling like a failure

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by FoundaGoodThing2002, Apr 26, 2019.

1. I never feel like I'm good enough. I'm sitting here at night, mad at myself for all of the things I messed up today. On some level, I should be proud of myself for even being functional. I'm taking care of our family, getting out of the house multiple times a day, and actually working 6 hour days from home. Yet, I feel like a burden, a crybaby, and a total loser.

Sometimes I need help. There are SO many people in my life right now who would drop whatever they're doing and come to my aide. Yet... I hate asking for help. I feel like a cripple or something. I hate inconveniencing people. I feel like people are getting annoyed with me, wanting me to just get over this already.

Before my wife was diagnosed with cancer, I was starting to lose weight. My doctor was helping me and I was seeing results. Now... carbs are my friend and my scale hates me. I keep gaining weight because eating healthy sucks.

I'm sorry for the pessimistic post, but I'd like to know if other people have felt this way. How do you manage the feeling of being completely helpless, and feeling like a total disappointment? How do you keep from feeling like a total failure?

2. Ray G.

Ray G. Well-Known Member

I feel the same way too. If I only knew this or that. . . If I knew more about her health. Yes I think we will
    Be asking ?s for a long time and someday know we could notknow it all.

3. WoodMan

WoodMan Active Member

My wife has been gone for six weeks now and I feel helpless every day. I too have always had a weight problem but that doesn’t matter now. I know I have to just make every day count for her, she would have wanted me to continue on. I spend time keeping the house the way she would want it. I spend time keeping the yard the way she would want it.
    Doing things that would please her makes me feel a little.....

Winifred likes this.