*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

EVERY DAY IS SO HARD BEING WITHOUT MY SPOUSE

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by ROBERT RODRIGUEZ, May 5, 2021.

1. ROBERT RODRIGUEZ

ROBERT RODRIGUEZ New Member

I ALWAYS ASK GOD WHY? I'VE BEEN GOOD ALOT OF TIMES AND GIVING AND LOVE HELPING PEOPLE, WHY DID YOU TAKE MY SPOUSE AWAY:(

2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Robert, I’m so sorry for your loss. I understand your questions. I went down that road too when I lost my husband suddenly to a heart attack. He was perfectly healthy one minute and taken from our wonderful life together in 2 hours. I started wondering just like you, what have I done so wrong that my loving husband and business partner was taken from me in a flash. I started being so angry at God, why is he hurting me so much that I can’t breath. But eventually I started praying again and little by little the prayers brought me peace. I lost my husband over 2 years ago, we were everything for each other. I felt like a shell of a person. As time passed I got a little stronger, without even realizing it. He’s on my mind constantly and I do things each day to honor him and let him know how loved he still is and missed. I was sure I wasn't strong enough to live on by myself. But I’m still here and doing my best to try to enjoy life as best I can.
    I understand your struggles and the pain you’re in. Things do get better but it’s a slow process. You’ve lost a big part of your life of who you are. Eventually you’ll have memories that will make you smile instead of cry. Or both will happen, crying and a smile. Be sure to take care of you, and get fresh air, get your blood flowing. There will be better days ahead, keep working towards them. ❤️

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  3. Bross77624

Bross77624 New Member

Hi Robert, I lost my partner 6 weeks ago after being together 45 years. Asking questions like, why did god take him from me go through my head day and night. The amount of pain, sadness and grief that I go through is beyond what ever I could have imagined. He died of cancer, first Prostate followed by Leukemia. Even though life was hard...going to Drs appts and treatments almost everyday was horrific, some days I even thought it would be better if the cancer took him. I would give anything to have 1 day together at the infusion center vs waking up without him and going through our am rituals. You are not alone, 6 weeks ago I was in shock, it seemed like I was living in an alternate reality. At least my feet are on the ground. (sometimes).

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  4. CDP

CDP New Member

I lost my 69 yo wife 3 weeks ago after 7 years of dementia with the last 2+ years being incredibly hard on both of us. I’m glad she is not suffering, glad she is in heaven but I miss her so much and my pain is indescribable...I don’t blame God for her death but I can’t get over the fact that she and I prayed for God’s help, for just a little bit of relief from the suffering and God did nothing...I’ve realized, he can’t provide that kind of comfort just as he can’t alleviate the discomfort when someone breaks a bone or gets the flu. I can’t see myself going back to church without her and just feel lost and so tired.

5. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry for your loss. I understand you are having a difficult time with this grieving process. It is very difficult to lose someone you value so much. Take good care of yourself and take one hour at a time. Even a little step is a big accomplishment when you are at this stage of grief. The circumstances of life have taken someone away from you. God wanted us to live forever in a Garden of Eden where no evil existed and where we would never have to lose anyone we love, but mankind decided they knew better than God when they disobeyed and decided to do things their own way. This is what brought death into the picture. There is still a chance to gain the life God wants for us if we call on him and let him help us through a life lived pleasing to Him. He loves you. Seek His strength. Love to you. Chris

6. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you have lost your lifelong partner. It must be so hard to be left as she has gone on. You are right, God is not to blame for her death. God never wanted death to enter the picture. The choice of death was made by mankind back in the Garden of Eden. God gave mankind the choice to follow Him and choose life, but instead man chose disobedience and death. God wanted eternal life for us where we would never lose any loved ones. That choice is still available for us. If you will continue on with your church family jand friends and family for support, I believe you will find comfort from God. He does want to comfort us. Life does not always turn ou the way we want it, but in our grief He can comfort and help us. He is still there for you to help you get through this. We care about you. Chris