*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Does it get better

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Grieving Veteran Widower, Nov 12, 2020.

1. My wife, and best friend died suddenly on June 20th, 2016. Four years down the road and still no relief. Stepkids are distant. Siblings are "oh well." No groups or so-called resources available in small town USA. Preacher friends uncaring. In fact the church we were attending, no one attended the funeral. The lonliness, the emptiness, the dark nights, the sleeplessness. Had myself together before this. I don't care anymore

2. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss. I think we all at some point have that alone feeling. We so miss our spouse. Our future is not what we had planned. My husband died one year ago and for me the nights are the worst also. My kids and grandkids are great but so busy, as they should be, that I feel there is no one that considers me important in their life. Keep coming and reading and venting. It does help to know others feel as you do. Sometimes what you read will be just what helps.