*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Dealing with the Loneliness

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by KelleyAnne, Mar 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. KelleyAnne

KelleyAnne New Member

I lost my husband to suicide 6/12/19. He struggled with medical and mental health issues. The last year or so were a living hell. I couldn’t save him.
    In August 2019 I started to work thru the pain at Hope for Bereaved. I went to group meetings and individual counseling. I met some wonderful people and found comfort and understanding there.
    Now I struggle with the loneliness. I’m working on figuring that out. This year of Covid has made it very difficult. I feel hopeful now, but I’m still struggling & wondering if anyone can relate.

LivingWithGrace likes this.
  2. LivingWithGrace

LivingWithGrace Active Member

Hi KelleyAnne, I'm sorry you lost your husband. My husband passed away in Oct, 2020. We were married for 33 years.

I miss his company very much. I'm totally on my own now.
    I read books and watch and listen to a lot of music videos.

I recently came across these lyrics from the song Chiseled in Stone by Vern Gosdin:

You don't know about lonely
    Or how long nights can be
    Till you've lived through the story
    That's still livin' in me
    You don't know about sadness
    Till you've faced life alone
    You don't know about lonely
    Till it's chiseled in stone

Unfortunately, I relate and feel the meaning of these words deep in my soul.

I pray peace of mind and a settled heart comes to you soon.

Chris M 2000 and KelleyAnne like this.
  3. KelleyAnne

KelleyAnne New Member

Hi LivingWithGrace,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I listened to the song you referred to and sadly, I too can relate. My husband and I were married for almost 35 years. We also have that in common.

Thank you for your prayers. I know I’ve been seeking peace of mind, but the settled heart really hit me. I realize now, that is what I’m struggling with most.

I have a sign on my bedroom wall that says “Live by grace, not perfection.” I just thought it’s pretty cool that you go by LivingWithGrace. Thank you again for your kindness. I’ll pray for you too.

LivingWithGrace likes this.
  4. LivingWithGrace

LivingWithGrace Active Member

I hope you’re well KelleyAnne. I appreciate your words and prayers as well. Thank you.

KelleyAnne likes this.