*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Care Giver for 7 months of Grandma who passed away from Cancer

Discussion in 'Life After Caregiving' started by JThompson, Mar 6, 2020.

1. JThompson

JThompson New Member

I was my Grandmothers caregiver for the past 7 months. I changed my whole life to take care of her. Now that she has passed, which was a week ago, I feel so lost. My emotions are all over the place and I don't know what to do with myself sometimes. Im struggling to participate in my own life, and I don't know how to when she was everything.

2. paul tinker

paul tinker Well-Known Member

JThomson

It may not feel like it right now but you provided one of the greatest services for your Grandmother. You can always feel good about your self. How your feeling now is to be expected. This will take a while but you did well.

We do what we can each day.

Best to you and condolences.

Paul M.

3. powiecakes

powiecakes Member

It is difficult to lose someone you are close to. Life seems like it can not move forward. You did the best thing you could for your grandma you showed up, and that is something you should be proud of. Do not rush take your time and grieve at your pace that is how you engage in life. Don't let anyone dictate to you how you should feel or how you should get back to life. I am sorry for your loss and I hope you can find one place that keeps you safe and a memory of your grandma that brings you peace.