Can't move on

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Irishbliss55, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Irishbliss55

Irishbliss55 New Member

My youngest brother passed on October 9, 2018. He was the baby of the family. He said he wasn't feeling well and went to lay down. He never woke up. He was 43, had 2 kids and a wife. Just started his dream job. We were very close. I know it's only been 8 months but I can't move on. I cry hysterically every time I think of him. I have seen someone and was given a prescription to help but I don't want to be on meds the rest of my life. I have lost other family members but his passing damaged me. I don't know what to do.

2. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your brother. I lost my sister around 2 months ago and like you were very close. It is very hard moving on. I try to keep busy during the days but for me the nights are the worse. My sister and I lived together and the quiet and loneliness are extremely difficult. I don't think there is an easy answer on what to do aside from just taking one day at a time and remembering all the good times you shared.