*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Boyfriend Passed Suddenly

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by AshDash20, Sep 23, 2019.

1. AshDash20

AshDash20 New Member

I was in a relationship with a man for almost 3 years (December) until he suddenly left this life this past Saturday morning. Our relationship was far from perfect- we argued, irritated each other, and knew EVERY button to push, but we loved each other. He loved me to the moon and back. He wanted to marry me but I kept putting it off. All he wanted was to make me his Mrs.
    He was sickly. A diabetic who really didn't take care of himself outside of taking his meds. He spent a lot of time in and out of the hospital for a foot injury that occurred 2 years ago. On the 7th of this month he was taken to the hospital and placed on life support because he was found not breathing in his home. Miraculously he was taken off of his ventilator and was up and talking by Wednesday. Friday he checked himself out of the hospital so that he could go back to work. He claimed that he felt better and worked this past week. This past Saturday was supposed to be out date night. Our first one in well over a month and a half. At 915am his mom called me and told me that she found him on the floor not breathing and that the paramedics performed CPR but she felt like he was gone. He was taken to the hospital where everyone thought he would pull through. At 1010am, while I was omw to the hospital I received a call from her and the first thing she said was "He's gone". The paramedics weren't able to revive him. (There's no telling how long he was on the floor not breathing before anyone found him). I broke down into tears. Just like that my best friend was gone. He was my person. He was the one I talked to daily and did everything with. The person I told my secrets to, my goals, my dreams. He was the first person to treat me like a queen and showered me with love and affection and loved me unconditionally. I loved him so much and to lose him so suddenly and especially after him pulling through a near death experience only a week prior is just unfathomable to me. It feels like someone knocked the wind out of my chest. I feel so lost. A piece of my heart is missing and I don't know what to do.

**His breathing issues came from a recent congestive heart failure diagnosis**