*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Both sons gone

Discussion in 'Loss of Adult Child' started by Kathie, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Kathie

Kathie Member

Lost 2 sons within a year my oldest 43.to a drug overdose Dec. 11.2014
    My youngest son 40 Dec 15.2015 to cardiac arrest..
    I really don't know how to get better.
    I go to the grave. Even slept there a few times.my family thinks I should be over this thing called grieving..but each day us worst then the previous day.went to grieve counselling.the pain is do Vader. The life is ducked out of me.no interstate no motivation.im surprised I lasted this long.sorry for the long rant

2. Kathie

Kathie Member

3. kate73

kate73 Member

Im sorry you're going through this, i lost a daughter three years ago. I can't imagine losing two children. My parents weren't supportive at all saying after 4 months i should be over it. I know some of what you're feeling. Please ignore you're family you will never be over the loss of your sons. You will learn to live with the pain. Myself i had to distance myself from people who didn't understand the loss of a child. I had oh i know what your feeling, i lost my mum. And i would say actually you don't, losing a parent isn't the same. They had a good life my child hadn't started hers. Please take the time you need , be kind to yourself. Please take care of yourself. I will pray for you

4. Kathie

Kathie Member

5. Kathie

Kathie Member

Thank you for the kind words also sorry for your loss.my youngest son anniversary is 12-15-15..he was always smiling. Laughter take the shirt off is back ..he was loved by so many but no greater love then a mom...how do we go on.

6. Kathie

Kathie Member

7. kate73

kate73 Member

Your welcome, i don't know how we can go on but we do. 4 months after she died i attempted sucide luckily i wss found. I was in so much pain and just wanted it to stop. I wasn't being selfish, i just couldn't bear to be away from her. My boys know about my attempt and they were angry for a while but i explained how sorry i was and i didn't really want to die , i just wanted the pain tl stop. I'm so glad i didn't succeed. Most days im just putting one foot in front of the other. Im on autopilot. but every day here im honouring her memory.

8. Kathie

Kathie Member

9. Kathie

Kathie Member

Yes I felt like you did.just wanting the pain to go away..but I haven't but it's never far from my thoughts.i have 2 daughters and grandchildren can't do it to them .it would be a hard hit fur them.but each day I feel like I'm dying anyways.