*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Birthday might be a little healing.

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by skies24, Jun 5, 2020.

1. skies24

skies24 Well-Known Member

I’ve dreaded her birthday for a couple months. June 5th she would have been 33. I’m big on the midnight cheers. So tonight for the first time since January I sat in the kitchen by myself. I talked to her as she was there. Wished her a happy birthday. It felt like she was there. I hope she was. I hope everyone feels peace again. Happy birthday Sabrine. Put a beer on ice for me.

Jonathan5757 and cg123 like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

I love that you did that. Great idea and plan. I bet she was there watching over you and seeing how hard you’re trying.
    Our 43rd anniversary was yesterday. That wS a difficult day too. But I went to a park with my daughter that we had gone to while dating and many times after. It held happy memories being there. It was quiet and peaceful, just what I needed. Yes there were tears but I made it through.
    I’m sure she’ll be there waiting for you when it’s your turn to join her.
    If you’re close to her family mYbe you could reach out to them.
    Thinking of you on this difficult day. Peace be with you.
    ❤️

skies24 likes this.
  3. skies24

skies24 Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary. Dates are tough. I couldn’t imagine the pain you feel after all those years. This is tough enough. I send a short text to her parents this morning. And one of her friends reached out to me.
    Emotions are a crazy thing.
    I hope time really does help.

RLC likes this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Thank you., it was hard that’s for sure, we were together for 46 yrs. I’ve never lived alone. Everything feels and is different. It’s hard getting through the special dates that’s for sure. Every day is hard enough on its own.
    I’m glad you have people reaching out and you’re in contact with her parents.
    Time does help, but it seems to take a lot though.

skies24 likes this.
  5. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

Special dates and events are especially hard when you have lost a loved one. I find myself talking to those that have passed over the years and it does bring me some bit of comfort.
    Time does help but the grief stays forever in your heart although we learn to accept and deal with it as best we can.

Sweetcole, skies24 and RLC like this.
  6. Jonathan5757

Jonathan5757 Well-Known Member

Yeah my girl passed and had a birthday right after...such a bummer see didn't get to see it. Anyway brought her favorite stuff to her grave on that special day. I'm glad you think it is important too. Do what makes you feel best with the memory because it is up to you to preserve it. Super special that you do that. Keep the Love alive.
    Jrs-a man of many experiences...