*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Another Weekend

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by Carmela Rule, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Carmela Rule

Carmela Rule Member

10 mons. Since I last saw you I miss you so much .. I remember saying in January how wish the year would go by .. Well here it is Nov.2018 .. And I feel so sad your absence feels like a darkest . still trying to accept that you are gone forever .. I miss you so much . all my love

2. YellowEyeDog

YellowEyeDog Active Member

I really do know your feelings. Sending hope and prayers your way, but I know how hard this is, I am going through the same.

3. Carmela Rule

Carmela Rule Member

Hi. Yellow EyeDog .. I'm so sorry for your loss. Dave & I were married for 30 yrs .. I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do now .. How dose one move forward with life .. Loss as ever

4. YellowEyeDog

Hi Carmela,

This is how I feel too. I dont see my future without Tom. I dont know how to go on without him. I was always a very positive upbeat person. Always smiling, but now I have lost all of that. I am wondering what my future holds. I cannot envision life being good again. Its very hard and I know it is for you too. Thankyou for your kind words, I hope that you and I can somehow get through this.

Agm52 and griefic like this.
  5. Carmela Rule

Carmela Rule Member

Hi. . I don't even know how to begin yesterday daughter comes into my bedroom letting me know she's going to market & wants to pick up a Turkey . I hadn't realize Thanksgiving is next week .. How dose one prep for the Hoildays ..?
    Are you prepared ? ..

6. YellowEyeDog

No, I am not prepared. I did buy a turkey this morning, a bag of potatoes and decided to get the rest in a few days. Our Sons will come for dinner. I just didnt have the heart to finish grocery shopping for it. The thought of making pies and home made dressing and cranberry sauce seem too much todo. The holidays are going to not be the same.... I make holidays for my loved ones, ut without the main character, I dont really want to. All these firsts are going to be difficult I feel.

7. Carmela Rule

Carmela Rule Member

Hey .. Reading your reply breaks me it's gonna be really really hard. I would like to share with you .. Losing Dave has been my 2nd blow I have taken .. The 1st & Hardest that Dave & I took together was the death of our oldest Son . 12-12-12 will be 6yrs . accident on his way home from work left us 2 beautiful granddaughters . he is 40yrs old . not having Dave to lean on anymore . well I dnt know .. Our other son 34 barely bouncing back & now his dad . our daughter 32 a lot like me holds it till she breaks .. Holidays have been rough .. Now !!! .
    I hope you & yr sons allow yourselves to grieve & express the sadness if need be .. Nights are really hard for me dnt sleep much .

8. YellowEyeDog

Oh my gosh, losing a child .... no parent should have to go through that. I amheartbroken for your family. You are all going through a terrible time. I cant imagine it. I hope and pray for you all to heal. I dont know that we can actually heal from these loses, I think when enough time goes by we just learn to live with. I dont think I want to. If only we could go back in time, to happier times and just stay there. The thing about night for me is, the darkness. I feel volnerable by myself. I am not totally alone, I have our 7 dogs. Maybe my imagination is too active, but not being able to see outside I feel afraid. I never was afraid when Tom was here. Its a different way of life I guess. I dont like it, but its the way it is now. Thankyou for sharing your heartbreaks.....I am so sorry.....

9. Carmela Rule

Carmela Rule Member

Thank you .. Loss of a child Horrible emptiness feels like a HUGE HOLE IN ONES one that can never be filled. It changes you as a mom .. Our lives literally came to a SUDDEN STOP.. We were like zombies I can honestly say 3yrs went by dnt recall any of them . But having Dave leaning on each other .. Like you mention time goes one makes adjustments but never the same .

10. YellowEyeDog

Sending ((((( HUGS ))))) your way.