*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Am I in denial?

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by KIM VONBLON, Jul 27, 2019.

1. KIM VONBLON

KIM VONBLON New Member

My husband passed away suddenly in December. Before he passed he was struggling with a recent job loss after 12 years with his employer. He was going down a dark road. Since his loss I feel at peace with him moving on to a better place. I have been handling things as they come and I will accept what comes my way. Is this too soon to feel this or will I crash and burn later? Am I not accepting his passing completely? I will always remember our time together but he was not happy before he passed and I want to hold his memory as a pleasant one.

2. Julien

Julien Well-Known Member

Kim, For me, strangely right after my husband of 22 years passed after several years of some difficulties and the last two months really hard.....I can see what you are saying here. I had a lot to do and had to make arrangements, keep the bills paid, keep our animals going, etc., etc., etc. I did not cry much at first except when I called to change services into my name....almost always got me. I had two weeks of appointments to cancel and so many things to do, financial things.....I also want to remember what was good. It sometimes would get me driving in the car, I tried to be strong a lot. Now at exactly one year, I still lean to the good we had but sometimes the bad does come up and I am forced to remember. I thought it would be too hard to do it. But, it does not kill us. Yes, hard. Now the crying in the car isn't as violent. I almost welcome it now because it brings me to our special place, together. Take care! Sorry you too have this loss.

3. KIM VONBLON

KIM VONBLON New Member

4. KIM VONBLON

KIM VONBLON New Member

Dear Juilen,

Thank you for your kind words. I feel a much stronger person today then when my husband passed. The winter months seem to be a blurr now. I feel like I can move on with confidence towards my future. Take care.