*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

A wonderful visit...

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by ainie, May 27, 2020.

1. ainie

ainie Well-Known Member

Hello folks. Last night I had an experience so different that I am not sure what to call it. I dreamed that I woke because Mike came into our bedroom. I dreamed I sat up on the side of the bed and asked him "Are you really here?" And he said "Yes". We sat side by side and talked for quite awhile. He had his arm around my back and I could feel his warmth and smell him, he was wearing his favourite shirt and jeans. Anyway we chatted and sort of caught up. Then he said "you better get some sleep the boys will be here early". (I have been babysitting my two young grandsons while daycare is closed due to Covid). He snuggled in with me and I fell back to sleep in his arms.

I know it must have been all a dream but it felt so real!! Nothing was strange or out of place as is often the case in a dream. I even woke up in the middle of the bed instead of on my side. This is the first time since he died that I have dreamed of him. It makes me feel peaceful because he is totally ok.

Sweetcole, glego, Barry and 1 other person like this.
  2. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Ainie,
    How wonderful! I’m thrilled for you! I had a similar visit where there was talking and holding I could feel Ron’s arms around me. What you just shared helps verify what I experienced as real. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say, expect more visits. Since the one I had similar to your visit. Ron visits often. In my case Ron was also wearing his favorite shirt and jeans.
    The way I feel is, if it gives me comfort, believe it. It hurts no one.
    During one visit Ron told me where my lost credit card was. He said it’s I’m the car, sure enough, I found it in the car.
    Enjoy your day, those visits make everything seem better! That was Mike, letting you know he’s ok!

3. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Nice! So nice. I wish I could have a dream like that. I'm happy for you!

glego and ainie like this.
  4. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Barry,
    Be open to it. I bet it happens. It’s the most wonderful comforting feeling. Ron gave me a kiss during one visit.
    It happens when you least expect it. Out of no where. Like Ainie experienced, many senses feel the visit.
    Robin.

Barry and glego like this.
  5. glego

glego Well-Known Member

Ainie, how lovely for you, and also for you too Robin.

RLC and ainie like this.
  6. KVR

KVR Active Member

Hi Ainie,
    I am so happy you had your dream. It is beautiful, isn't it? Sad and beautiful. You've been ready for it. Congratulations. You can have more. It does feel so real. I know. It's even physical, the touch of him. I know. Life and death are a mystery and these dreams are where those two dimensions collide in a miraculous way.

Sweetcole and ainie like this.