*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

365 days ago

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by VFred, Mar 31, 2020.

1. VFred

VFred New Member

I lost my mom 365 days ago and this full year later the sadness can be overwhelming. She was not just my mom, she was my best friend. I still pick up the phone to call every day. Being in the midst of the COVID 19 outbreak has made it even more difficult. My family is in quarantine and I feel isolated and alone. I can't even see my kids, grandkids, or siblings I feel like I am falling apart and cannot regrou .

2. Gail65

Gail65 New Member

Sorry to hear you're going through this. I agree, this covid is making everything much much worse. For me, I think how grateful I am that they don't have to be going through this terrifying situation and are already at peace. I also believe that all parents would not want to see their kids suffer and in pain, just as we don't want to see them in pain or suffering.

When I feel like I am falling apart, I try to remind myself that they would not want to see me suffer and that I am doing what I can right now to be safe and to keep my loved ones safe. I have to remember what I can control right now. I pray you will find some peace.

3. David Hughes

David Hughes Well-Known Member

VFred,

We all wish for the pain of our loss to be gone and never return. Memories are so precious, while our loved one is alive and even more so after they have passed.

During these troubling times we are forced to take precautions not just for ourselves but for family as well. Here I sit at my computer, my two sons are almost always a floor away hoping to not infect me. I miss them, as I am sure you miss your children and family.

We have an intercom system, and so we banter back and forth and it will have to be enough until it is safe for us all. I am sincerely sorry your mom is no longer with you. My mom I would say after dad passed died of a broken heart. Sure they can put a medical term on it but life and all it means in real terms, is what we see in our own eyes.

They were both a perfect couple, but as I am sure, life has a way of being harsh sometimes. They were apart a lot due to work locations, for long periods of time, and so mom at least had us her 4 children to hold onto.

I really hate the saying ‘Absence makes the heart grow fonder.’ It is just so unfeeling. I know after dad passed mom was so damn lonely. She had her cat then, all of us children had our own lives now. I would take her dialysis daily, make sure Meal on Wheels delivered her food, play cards with her, sit and talk with her, and get whatever she wanted.

So VFred, I know the loneliness and absence you are talking about, my wife died 5 years ago this month. I have recovered as anyone can best get beyond loss, and I too feel that emptiness inside at times during many times during the day.

Our times are now dangerous, isolating, scary and hard to get a grasp on. We all have to face each day the best we can. I just know, nothing will ever be the same again. We both can hold onto memories, take each day with all it challenges us with, and open our minds to heal inside, and also try to help any others we can as well.

I hope you will take the time to be careful for yourself, and please never give into despair. Like you I want to be one of hope, who can wish for a better tomorrow for us all. Peace be with you today and the days forward. Talk with us as often as you like no matter the subject.

-david

This is a song of hope

This is for the one(s) we lost