*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

2 significant loses in a week

Discussion in 'Dealing With Multiple Losses' started by Briebee, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Briebee

Briebee New Member

Wed November 25th I unexpectedly lost my dad. My sisters and I just buried him yesterday and not even a day later after saying our goodbyes to our father, our grandmother passes. We watched our grandma take her final breaths. I know some people say it's nice to be able to experience that, I agree but I'm also horrified. It scared me watching my grandma die. Besides that I'm now numb. I don't know who to grieve for anymore. Is that normal?

2. Jbrittney

Jbrittney New Member

Hi, I just lost my father and had to euthanize my dog of 20 years. I haven’t slept in 7 days and feel super wired and vigilant all the time. I also lost my grandmother but that was years ago and I totally understand how that could be horrifying. I’m sorry for your loss and two losses in shut a short period just shocks your body. I don’t think there’s any one way to grieve, and most grieve differently. I’m sorry for your loss but I totally understand how traumatic it may be to lose two loved ones in such a short period. I guess maybe just putting your story out there and having your voice and your pain heard at least gives what you’re going through some validity. I’m grieving alone too and it sucks. I just spoke to my therapist about joining a support group, have you considered that? It may help you just to feel not alone. My sincere condolences for your loss.