*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Worst day of my life

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Bean, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bean

Bean New Member

August 22nd, 2017 my mother was killed in a hit and run crash. Two men were running from the police, ran a stop sign and collided with my mother. I was on the phone with her 4 minutes before the accident happened. The police told me she passed away in a small room with five cops around me and I was all alone. No family with me, just myself. I had planned to go out to lunch with her after she got off work but she had to get her oil changed. She worked 5 minutes away from me and instead of just going and waiting for her to get off work and I see her I decided to lay in bed instead. If I had gone to see her she wouldn’t have been killed because she would’ve left work later. I blame myself for her death. Her death has ripped my family apart. Her sisters got into a fight and haven’t spoken to each other since my moms funeral, my step dad became greedy and got us trespassed from my mothers home, we had to call the police twice before her funeral even happened. Now, 7 months later no one talks about my mom. No one cries about her or brings up happy memories. No one asks me how I’m doing. I feel so alone. The one person I need is my Mom. All I have is a voicemail that I listen to from time to time of her telling me she loves me. I’m so sorry Mom.

2. Siesta

Siesta New Member

My condolences to you, Bean. Do you want to tell me about your Mom? I signed on here because I myself recently lost a parent. Your story touched my heart and the tragedy of the story has me reaching out to you. I, also, lost my brother nearly 40 years ago to an illness he had since birth. It took me years to put it in perspective but I understand what it feels like to not be able to say good bye. Believe it or not, it's not your fault. I understand your pain and loss.