*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

When does it get better?

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Jennifer12287, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Jennifer12287

Jennifer12287 New Member

i lost my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. He passed away of a drug overdose. He’s had a tough life growing up way faster than he should have. He had just started a great new job and he was loving it. I thought he was doing really well. We weren’t perfect we certainly had our problems and butted heads but there was so much love and passion we would always just gravitate back to each other. He became my daughters father he had been in her life since she was 6 months old he watched her crawl walk and talk and now she just asks for him all the time... I need to know when does this get easier because I’m fine some moments and others I’m breaking down I just want to hear his voice and feel his touch

2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. When it gets "easier" depends on the person. Everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time.