*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Waves.

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Kaylynn, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Kaylynn

Kaylynn New Member

I recently lost someone I love. It’s been 6 days. I’m desperate for support and understanding. We were together for 2 years. Broken up the last two months but still living together. Trying to work it out. I came home to find him in his sleep. My heart hurts. He had demons. He was severely depressed by hid it so well. Recently discovered substance abuse. I’m not naive and I didn’t know. I’m suffering guilt. So many fights and cruel words exchanged. People keep talking me I was the only light I his life. He loved me so much. But all I hear was it want enough. I’m rambling now. My heart breaks for everyone’s loss❤️

2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Kaylynn, thank you for being here and sharing your story with us. While there's never a good time or way to lose someone we love, it seems even harder when we felt we were still "in the middle"...of the relationships or of our lives. We assume there will be time to right the wrongs, to work things out. To have that taken away is a great loss and one that can be very hard to come to terms with. Telling you not to feel guilty, that you couldn't have done any more for him won't help unless you feel that way and believe in it yourself. I hope this journey of healing will take you there. If it's only been 6 days, it's certainly a long road ahead, so please be patient with yourself. And know that we are here for anything you need. Please take care, we wish you all the best ~