*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Trying to process and heal

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Sentimentalfeelings91, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Trying to not block the pain anymore but tonight is a hard night. The sorrow makes me panic, like it will never go away.

2. I’m sorry for your hard night. I know allowing myself to feel as fully sad as I do feel, is scary for me too. I think that our ability to carry these feelings will improve if we allow ourselves to feel them all. The feelings will come and go in waves but maybe we can get to know them and be less afraid because they are more familiar. I hope we can reach a more harmonious state where the grief can live and we can live, together.

3. Shells

Shells New Member

Well said ... I FELT what you said “allowing myself to feel fully sad.” Definitely a thing I’ve got to work on.

4. This is beautiful, thank you for saying all of this, it’s so true. I want to get to that point where I can live with my grief and not run. I’ve been sleeping without the tv on lately. Letting myself heard my thoughts and cry to them and it actually feels a little freeing. I feel very sad still but I’ve ran for so long I just can’t avoid it anymore.

Cyanotype likes this.
  5. I very thankful to have found this site so that we can work on these things together

Cyanotype likes this.