*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The loss of my sister

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Dalany, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Dalany

Dalany New Member

one week ago today my sister hung herself in the hotel room she was living in with her boyfriend. She has been battling addiction and mental illnesses her whole life. 5 years ago she attempted suicide by jumping in front of a freight train but she survived. I really thought she had a second chance to get better. She lost her only son to the state because they thought she was unfit to raise a child. They were right at the time but I believe she got better. And she was better for the past few months. She didn’t leave a note and didn’t say goodbye. Something just took her over the edge and I have no idea what. I wish I just knew the truth. I wish I could help her and have her see the light. I wish I could’ve said goodbye to my only sister. The one who took care of me when I was little.

2. Kellyj72

Kellyj72 Member

Only a week ago, this much be diificult for you. Its good that you posted, i hope you get to read this reply. For me its been nearly 3 months, my boyfriend took his life and i found him. But every day im getting a bit stronger, some days are easier than others. This is hard, and i have let the guilt made me feel so bad, but i will not give up. Because there is no benifit in the guilt i feel, i am trying to come to terms with it. I would like to tell you that i understand and im praying that you have strength right now. I stay busy at times and speak to a counsellor every week. Do you have people you can talk with? I am thinking of you at this time. Stay strong

3. cg123

cg123 Well-Known Member

So sorry for the loss of your sister and that she wasn't able to overcome her struggles. My sister passed away 8 mos ago due to illness. She was my "big" sister and always watched over me so I know how difficult this is for you especially the circumstances in which she passed. Sending you big hugs.