*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

The first of things to come.

Discussion in 'Grief in Common Updates, Questions & Answers' started by Gran, May 3, 2019.

1. Gran

Gran Member

Today would have been my loves birthday . The first since he's death and it was devastating. Just sinking in more and more he's not coming back . As you go through life there is so many first . First word , first steps , first kiss . The thoughts of a first without someone you love never really occurred to me until now .

2. this thursday will be 6 months since i lost my husband and the only man i ever loved, i don't know how i made it through 6 months without him, i have been through so many first's already and i don't look forward to more because it hurts so much. father's day is coming up and i know that for my children it is going to be the hardest day of all for them, and i don't know how to make it easier, i'm hoping to celebrate it with them by going to his favorite ice cream place that we went to last father's day. i can't find comfort for myself let alone comforting my children but i try. i cry often and then i feel better but i don't think the pain will ever go away. i miss him more and more everyday, and i fear of a future without him, i wish more than anything that i could turn back the clock but i can't and thinking ahead hurts to much, knowing he's not here with me.

3. Gran

Gran Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know that you are not alone, thinking to far ahead can be overwhelming just take it one day at a time. You are stronger than you know , and it's OK for your children to see you grieve it's something that you all share and can find strength in one another . My thoughts and prayers are with you .

4. I'm sorry for your loss to and I know there aren't any words of comfort. I know you know how I feel, and I do find comfort in that, but it's hard to think of him without thinking i'll never see him again. I get angry and i want to lash out but I don't and then I feel defeated and I cry hysterically sometimes it can hit me anywhere at anytime. I do take it one day at a time but it doesn't seem to get any easier. thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

5. Nana15

Nana15 New Member

January 20th will be my husband's birthday the 19th would have been my mother in law and it'll also be the 3 month anniversary that my husband had been gone and our grandson is the 21st I'm just not ready

6. Nija

Nija Member

I am so sorry for you loss. It is very difficult. To get through each day is a chore in itself. In the beginning I could not face reality I thought my husband would come back. The pain was so great. I pray that each day you will get stronger which I know is easier said than done.

7. JackieH1029

JackieH1029 Active Member

So sorry for your loss. Everything feels surreal. Each day drags out. The pain is unbearable. Try and go for long walks, eat well and let it out in forums like these where people understand each other. The whole concept of Grief is never discussed and only the grieving understand what it feels and how the brain is reprogramming itself to get you to survive and move forward. Stay positive.

Van Gogh likes this.
  8. Nija

Nija Member

9. Nija

Nija Member

10. Nija

Nija Member

I am sorry for your loss. The first things to come are most difficult. My soul mate suddenly passed away in 2014. It is going on nine years.
    I remember his first birthday, first holidays and various occasions being the first. It is not easy. I still miss him as though it was yesterday.
    I often say to myself that no, he is not coming back. You are in my thoughts and prayers as I know that this is a difficult road to travel. May God give your strength each day to carry on as best you can.

11. Nija

Nija Member

I already wrote reply.