*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Rollercoster

Discussion in 'Loss of Spouse' started by John Bruce, May 3, 2022.

1. John Bruce

John Bruce New Member

Just a quick update. This month Mark's 5 months since my Margie died. Still hard to accept that she's never coming back in this life. I've read several books on grief, been journaling, and started seeing a counselor. Most days I just try to get through. Mostly the highs and lows come fast and furious much like a rollercoaster ride. Sometimes I even throw my hands up and scream. I finally went out to my studio and did a small painting after 8 months of numbness, creatively.
    I'm having to rebuild my trust in God again. Lots of anger, hurt, thoughts of betrayal. But He's got big shoulders and a bigger heart.
    Praying for wisdom and discernment for the next part of this journey. Thanks for all your support and prayers. Know that I love you all.

2. Helena Beatriz

Helena Beatriz Well-Known Member

Hello John, my name is Helena and I'm very sorry for your lost! It is difficult to accept that our partners are not coming back....books and journaling helps BUT it is very difficult to go on this horrible grieving journey of our lives.
    I lost my husband over three months ago after a long illness, I was his caregiver for two years and now I'm alone. I joined GIC that is helping me talking to people that understand our sadness, here you will find a very supportive group of people. I have also experienced ups and downs and many times the only place that I come to express my feeling is here with TGW (The Grieving Warriors).
    Also you mention that you are starting painting again which is another way to keep yourself distracted. I would like to mention and probably suggest to join sharing your art with TGW on Wednesday George with his pastels and myself with my pen and ink. Tomorrow early afternoon you can check our pieces.
    Wishing you love and peace. Helena

3. quietlady53

quietlady53 Member

Hi John-
    Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your wife.
    The fact that my husband will never come back is really hard for me too.
    How I wish things were different!
    S.

Gary166 and Rose69 like this.