*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Our baby boy - our hearts hurt so bad

Discussion in 'Coping After a Sudden Loss' started by Timeka, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Timeka

Timeka New Member

We went for a family vacation in July. What started out to be a great vacation turned into the worst day possible. The first day we arrived at our vacation home - that evening our son Weston got caught in the elevator and passed. He was only 7 and has so much life to live. Its so hard to function and I cant believe its almost been a month. I swear it just happened yesterday and all I want to do is hold my baby. I miss his voice and his touch so bad it hurts. Like many of you I dont understand why this is happening or how to get through it. I see his pictures and videos and just cry... he is such a big part of our lives and right before the accident he even said "mom I feel like our family is so special" - how do you survive a loss like this?

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss. It certainly does seem impossible to get through something like this, and it is, except for the grace of God. We lost our 28 year old son to suicide, but I can't imagine losing such a young son to such a horrific loss. What a terrible, completely unexpected shock. My heart goes out to you. The only way to survive is just by hanging on. Getting up every day and being good and kind to yourself and your family. Take good care of yourself. This grieving can take a toll physically. Try to get enough sleep and eat healthy. Get outside each day and take a walk if you can.
    We are here for you to lean on. Please share your feelings when it is helpful to you.
    Life can be very hard, but you can make it.
    Chris

3. Roxi

Roxi Member

Oh Timeka life can be very very hard....my heart is breaking for you! Your wonderful baby boy....take care of yourself as much is possible, i know is a terrible pain...and I am without words! Hope you can find some comfort in your family, in your friends and in our community....we all lost someone we love...we understand, we are near you...i send a big hug to you