*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

One month later

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by PRMoma52, Mar 22, 2021.

1. PRMoma52

PRMoma52 New Member

I lost my mom 2/19. The same day I got my first covid vaccine. Two days prior to that we spoke on the phone and she sounded fine. By fine I mean, she did have COPD and had troubling breathing and talking at times, but that day she wished my daughter a happy 17th birthday. I was called the next day to go in and have a visit in her nursing home because she didn’t look good and was told she had developed pneumonia. The shock I felt when I walked in after not being there in a year was indescribable. It didn’t look like my mom. She was unresponsive and her eyes barely opened. After 3 1/2 hours of being in the room with and talking and holding her hand, she took her last breath at 1:20pm. I can’t get the image out of mind. I’m broken and I’m still a lot of pain. I have a very strong, supportive,loving family that are missing their “ nana” very much. It’s just over a month and I still look at my mom waiting for a call or a text( which she was trying to get the hang of ) My mom was only 76 years old. I miss her everyday and talk to her a lot .

Latisha603 likes this.