*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My world has fallen apart

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Vallenjenny70, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Vallenjenny70

Vallenjenny70 New Member

On October 8th 2019 I noticed my son was not in his bed. My husband and I walked out to our shed to see if he was out there. It was one of his favorite places to hang out. We found our son Gabriel 16, hanging and dead. My world as I knew it no longer seemed real. I wanted to die with him. I still pray to fall asleep and not wake up. Please tell me this gets easier because I'm about to lose my mind. I can still see him hanging there, lifeless. I can't get that image out of my head. My heart is broken.

2. JustMisty

JustMisty New Member

Jenny, I'm so very sorry your family is going through this. First I'd like to say the grief you're feeling is so fresh and raw you have every right to feel as if your world is falling apart. The world as you know it has, and it's more painful than words can express. You are not alone in that.

I just wanted to suggest to you that you are most likely having PSTD along with grief. As time goes on you'll be better able to sort out your feelings... I just wanted to suggest this to you because a friend I met at another grief website (after trial and error) went through biofeedback therapy for PSTD along with grief counseling. It turned a corner for her and she's doing and feeling much better. So, please keep it in mind if you find you just can't function. Love and light to you and yours.

3. Jennifer Aime

Jennifer Aime New Member

My little brother, who was 25 on September 21, 2019, ended his life with me present by jumping off the 23rd floor of a nice hotel he was staying at. He wrote letters and a valid will before he jumped. My heart shattered that day. Every day is a battle. My email is jlaime28@gmail.com and when I receive your email, if you would like to talk, I will give you my phone number.