*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My sweet daughter.

Discussion in 'Suicide Loss' started by Quianab, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Quianab

Quianab New Member

In October of 2019, my 17 year old daughter committed suicide. I am a mother of 4 and she was the second oldest and the only girl. My intentions were to be strong for my other children but, I feel so weak at times. It feels like everyone else has moved on but me.

Chris M 2000 likes this.
  2. Chris M 2000

Chris M 2000 Well-Known Member

I am very sorry about the loss of your dear young daughter. We are all weak when we lose one of our children. Everyone else may have 'moved on' as far as being able to function again, but even when we as mothers 'move on' and can function again, we never ever stop missing that child and wishing they were here. My son had many mental struggles and pain and drugs did not help that any, but even through all of the problems I was always happy when he was here. I now feel empty inside. In order to survive the trauma of his loss, I forced myself not to think about what had happened and this has somewhat stopped my mind from functioning about other things also-I don't like to be presented with the world's problems by my husband and then have a discussion about it. I am afraid he will have to find someone else to talk with about solving all the world's problems. I just can't deal with it. It upsets me to have to think about anything serious. I kind of want to just go along oblivious to everything. We have another son on meth and I haven't heard from him in over a year. This is beginning to weigh heavier and heavier on me.
    Does anyone know how I might be able to locate this missing child?