*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Son

Discussion in 'Loss from Substance Abuse' started by sunspots, May 25, 2020.

1. sunspots

sunspots Member

My Son died from opioid overdose on May 11 was found on the 14th he was 29, he had been off drugs for 7 years and he was amazing... brilliant student.... ran marathons, traveled the world, did many other things .. then two years ago he used again.. cheated death a few times and stopped using for about a year.. then was using something... had heart attack and strokes along with pneumonia was in a coma on a ventilator for 6 weeks came back from wheelchair to walker to crutches to cane to walking and running normally... .. he was still brilliant but had some short term memory problems... he had loads of friends and family that really loved him.. then he overdosed alone and died.... I find the hardest thing is I always was thinking about him and in the back of my mind I was always making plans for things he would like and things we could do.....and now its over

2. Diane Thea

Diane Thea Member

My son died from a fentanyl overdose last Oct. He wasn't an addict but he made a bad choice that cost him his life and mine in a way... watching my beautiful boy being kept alive by a ventilator and then having him die in my arms shattered me. The only thing that keeps me going is I have a 17 year daughter. My children just lost their father to cancer 2 years ago. When I think back I wish he only knew how special he was...I'm sorry for your sadness..

3. mybeautyki

mybeautyki Member

So sorry for your loss I lost my 24 only son last month because of his opioid addiction and made the wrong choice with fentanyl. I cant even deal with it because I think about him all day everyday. I miss him so much wish I was there for him as a better parent.