*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom my best friend

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Myloss, May 22, 2021.

1. Myloss

Myloss New Member

On May 15, 2021, my mom, best friend passed. She was buried on Tuesday May 18 2021. I am numb, lost and feel my mom whom we shared our life together is not there for me to hold. I. 1972 I lost my dad to cancer. My mom was the rock who made certain I went to school and became a professional . She always put me first. She won the best mother award. Things changed for her as she developed congestive heart failure and vascular dimentia. I promised her I would never let her go to a nursing home and would keep her in her home with help round the clock. She went into the hospital with sepsis with 103 temperature and then returned with pnomonia in both lungs. She had a terrible time breathing and was then admitted to paliati e care and I didn’t make it there in time only to have my older daughter tell me grandma passed. I am still sitting shiva but I am so lost. I miss her terribly and don’t feel like eating just lying in bed.I lost my mom, my best friend.

2. Jayz893

Jayz893 Member

Hi
    I am so very sorry to hear about your Mum. I lost my Mum just over 6 months ago to cancer, she too was my best friend, so understand a little of what you’re feeling.
    I think you’ve been quite incredible the way you looked after her. That really must have been difficult at times, seeing someone you love suffering so.
    It is hard like you say, feeling so lost and alone. Everyone goes on with their lives but you are left stuck in limbo.
    I think sites like this can help, knowing you’re not alone.

KateIsNotOkay likes this.