*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom died when i was a baby

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Cathleen Wilbourn, May 25, 2019.

1. Cathleen Wilbourn

Cathleen Wilbourn New Member

i was adopted at a very young age, somehow i always felt like i was different and that i didnt belong anywhere. i took an ancestry dna test and found living relatives, but the person i wanted is dead. my mom died when i was 6 months old. i feel like she was a dirty secret who needed to be seen and not heard. im an only hcild and cant handle this grief on my own

2. Adriel

Adriel Member

3. Adriel

Adriel Member

I am so sorry for your loss. When did you find out? How can I help?
    That also happened to a friend of mine, she searched but found out her mother was murdered.

4. Cathleen Wilbourn

Cathleen Wilbourn New Member

I found out last summer. I had the Ancestry DNA test in my house for 2 years before I sent my sample in to be analyzed. I just want to know that I am not a freak because im still bothered everyday. Growing up, I retreated into my own world making up my own fantasy about who she was and what happened to her. The truth could not be stranger than fiction and much more disturbing. All that I ask of anyone is just to be an ear to listen and not to make a judgement if relating is not possible. Grief can be different for everyone, I just want to find a place to belong

5. Adriel

Adriel Member

I hope to help you by listening. I can't imagine how hard that must be.