*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My mom and dad passed away 17 days apart

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by bigjimbob2000, Apr 20, 2023.

1. bigjimbob2000

bigjimbob2000 New Member

I'm having a hard time right now my father died on March 29th and my mother died on April 16th. What's so heartbreaking I had brought my dad home for home Hospice. And at this time my mother was diagnosed with cancer. They didn't want to tell me because I thought I had too much on my plate dealing with my dad FYI my mom and dad are divorced for over 40 years and don't even talk to each other. that is what's so crazy that they died so close together? But I didn't get to see my mother until she was at home and home Hospice and was unable to communicate pretty much coma toast. I was with both of them when they passed away. I lost my sister about 9 years ago so now I feel like I have no family and while this wall was going on I lost my uncle in between my dad and my mom passing. The grief is overwhelming

2. mccobalt

mccobalt New Member

I am so very sorry for your losses. I lost both of my parents in the last few months too. I have found the book "The Orphaned Adult: Understanding And Coping With Grief And Change After The Death Of Our Parents" very helpful. Also, I joined a local GriefShare group. Lifting you up in prayer.

3. bigjimbob2000

bigjimbob2000 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you very much for your kind words and direction I will definitely look into the book.