*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

My Brother, My secret Keeper and my protector

Discussion in 'Loss of Sibling' started by Shadow46&2, May 26, 2017.

1. Shadow46&2

Shadow46&2 New Member

Jason, my brave, bigger than life Brother who I mistakenly believed was indestructible... He wasn't more powerful that Alcohol. Jason died 3 months ago from multiple organ failure due to alcohol induced cirrhosis. I just wasn't prepared to lose my brother at 40 years old. We were both so proud of wernWe share so many struggles and strengths having come from parents who were both alcoholics. We struggled together as siblings we believed in each other when nobody else did. We both used our tragic journey in childhood to help others. As I'm sure you know, That sibling bond is indestructible.

I'm so sad. The tears seem to come in waves, and while there are times I seem float through my day, not today; today I'm drowning. And now I lay in bed, too afraid of the insomnia for me to think.
    At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person

Attached Files:

Rachel Nichols and TracyP like this.
  2. Hannah Laudo

Hannah Laudo Member

I know how it feels to watch people you love become stangers. It is important for you to know that you did everything you could to help your brother.

Gina Blankenship likes this.
  3. Debsforever

Debsforever Member

There is nothing in this world that compares to a close sibling who shares your secrets, life, and dreams.

Gina Blankenship likes this.