*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Mum Went Home

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Molim, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Molim

Molim New Member

To the creator of this forum, thank you!

I lost my mum last month, July 3rd to lung cancer. She was 89. We were very close. Right now the grief is setting in big time as reality has come back to my mind with a vengence of what I did these past few months caring for her up until she died. I was just reacting to my circumstances and surrounding at the time. Now, that all has left, memories are flooding in and tears and gut wrenching pain is filling my body.

I am totally okay that my mum went home to Heaven, but it is the human nature part of missing someone you loved sooooo much here on earth that is killing my insides!!!!

Gerdie and griefic like this.
  2. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Molim, thank YOU for being here, and for sharing your story. It does take time for the grief to "set in" and I find some people will say that they have a harder time a few months after their loss then they did in the early days. I believe mostly it's because those early days are spent in such a fuzzy, surreal place, that we're not quiet comprehending the person we love is truly gone. And with the loss of a parent, it's an especially big adjustment because we're talking about a person who has literally always been in our life. How do we move forward from that without a lot of time, pain, and work? We can't.
    I hope you are finding some support and people to talk to. The message boards on this site are just one way to connect. To find others who have lost a parent, you can go to "Make a Connection" and then "Find Others Who are Grieving". From there you can do a search based on the criteria that is important to you. Thanks again for joining...I wish you the best

3. LauRae

LauRae Member

Sorry about your mom. My mother past in 2011. My dad died in April 2015.

like you I am glad for them but they are home now. I try 2 feel there presence in spirit. Butt it's very difficult missing my dad's physical presence. We were very close and did so much together after step mother died.

I share your grief, Molim.

4. Joanne Weinbrom

Joanne Weinbrom Active Member

5. Joanne Weinbrom

Joanne Weinbrom Active Member

I totally understand what you are feeling, I just lost my mom March 23rd. It has not been long I J ow but she was my life. I am not married, no kids, so she was my life. The pain is u bearabke

6. griefic

griefic Administrator Staff Member

Hi Joanne - thank you for being here. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. The loss of a parent is such a significant and painful loss and it can be even harder when you feel you have limited support. This site was created for just that reason and I hope it's a help to you as you connect with others who understand. Thank you for being here and please let us know if there is anything you need ~