*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Moving forwards and upwards

Discussion in 'Loss of Both Parents' started by Jayde, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Jayde

Jayde New Member

hi, my name is Jayde. I’m a twenty year old girl in a serious relationship, working a full time job and have a roof over my head.
    I am in therapy once a week. I don’t know if it’s helping or not.
    I lost mum due to cancer (she was 49) on April 10th. I was her carer for six months prior.
    Dad passed away on April 1st, 2007 (he was 41, I was 8), due to a long term injury.
    I lost my gramma (mums side) in December. She passed after 8 years of throat cancer.
    I was there while mum lost her own mum, not knowing four months later we would be planning her funeral.
    I developed Leukemia at 21 months (and fought for 3 years, although I’m the lucky one who doesn’t remember anything).
    My family is very religious, and disowned me at 18 after I decided it wasn’t for me anymore. I currently speak only to my sister, and an uncle.
    I don’t find it hard to speak about my life because I don’t believe it’s sad. I find it hard because there is so much to talk about. So I came here to share, and then most importantly, listen.
    One day, I hope to be able to be a support for others, not for my own benefit (well not to rely on it to help myself, treat it as a bonus), but to genuinely provide hope and compassion to others who need it.
    I hope there are others who might be in the same boat, and we can move forward and upwards together.
    xx J

Destinee likes this.
  2. Sciguy

Sciguy Well-Known Member

Welcome. Hopefully, you can connect with others here and obtain mutual help.

3. Destinee

Destinee New Member

I would love to move forward and upward !

4. I am 22 years old. I lost my Dad four months ago and my mum when i was 7 years old, my older brother seems to be moving on while i am still stuck grieving. I hope some day it will stop hurting so much and will get better.