*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Mommys Boys

Discussion in 'Loss of Child' started by Kerri Leigh, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Kerri Leigh

Kerri Leigh New Member

I'm at a loss as where to even turn anymore. My boys Tyler age 7 and Prestyn age 6 went to camp with their dad. The world was perfect until it wasn't, I received a call that my sons fell into a river during whitewater rafting season. My 7 year old was DOA my 6 year old was air lifted to the hospital near the capital. I went numb I dropped the phone and screamed. I couldn't breath,it was like I was just hit by an 18 wheeler. I was having a nightmare and I couldn't wake up! I rushed to that hospital 90 miles away! My baby was on life support, I begged and pleaded with God to not take both of my babies but it was to late after 48 hours there was nothing left for the doctors to do, my baby boy was brain dead and we needed to let him go. My world fell apart! We donated his organs to save 2 other children. But I was still angry at God. How was I going to go on? I managed to remain strong for my girls who were traumatized by the whole turn of events. My oldest daughter who tried to save her little brother is now full of anger and aggression and won't let anybody close to her. I've learned lately in order to fix my children I need to fix myself but how can I when I'm still so angry.

2. PhyllisG

PhyllisG Active Member

Hey Kerri, I haven't stopped in here in a while, so I am just seeing your story about the incredibly tragic loss of two of your precious babies. Although I did lose my one and only child, I truly cannot imagine how much more difficult it must be for you due to the circumstances of the loss. Of course, there are no words to describe how sorry I am for your loss, but I truly am and will pray for you to dig deep enough to find the strength it is going to take for you to remain strong for your girls. Please know I am thinking about you and that you really can "make it" through this. All of you can, and will.

Thinking of you,

Phyllis

3. PhyllisG

PhyllisG Active Member

Kerri, today is just one of those days where I am sad for you and all of us who have lost the most important people to us. I hope you and your daughters. Please know that you truly are in my prayers. And also remember...your boys are now two Angels in Heaven watching over you.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Phyllis

4. Lupe

Lupe Member

I feel the same way Kerri

5. Stacia

Stacia Member

I am so sorry, how terrible. I know how hard it is to put on a smiling face for the remaining children. Had to step out of the room and ball like a baby and step back in and smile and hand them dinner or check their homework. When the people in your life who think they’re some time limit on grief. I think somehow it’s going to get better someday and can’t realize how it will never be better that your Child or children are gone forever that can never get “better” just know that every day that you get up and take care of your other children that you are a strong and amazing woman. And there’s nothing wrong with your feelings whatever they are.

6. Stacia

Stacia Member

7. Stacia

Stacia Member

I joined this site today because I couldn’t figure out how I was going to get up out of this Pit of despair. I was trying to figure out how I am going to have the strength to try to form some sort of life after the loss of my daughter. Perhaps being here with us and sharing our stories will help you I hope so