*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing my mom like crazy.

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Tremaine6, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Tremaine6

Tremaine6 New Member

It’s been almost 2 months now since I said my final goodbye to my mother. People keep telling me to just give it time things will get better. But I’m not sure it will, I miss her more more and more every minute. My hearts breaks daily and my tears full my eyes every second. I need to see her again I need my mom. I’m 41 years old and I feel so alone. Please someone tell me when it starts feeling better.

UnbridledBrokenPixi likes this.
  2. Dom

Dom New Member

I'm sorry I can't give words of encouragement, I too lost my mum 5 weeks ago, I feel the same as you, people keep telling me it get's easier, I think what we need to acknowledge is that it's ok to grieve, and it is still very new for us that they are no longer with us. I just can't process it all, I go to pick the phone up every day to call and I would give anything to hear her voice and then reality hits very hard. I am 43 and the world is not the same anymore, it's become a dark place. I hope we find the strength to move on and hopefully see the light again one day and smile when we think of our mums.

3. Tremaine6

Tremaine6 New Member

Thank you for replying. And I am so sorry for your loss. I Decided to do professional counseling because All I do all day is cry and when I’m not crying I’m thinking about my mom. I have over two hundred pictures of her from the last months we were together and I try so hard not to look at them but I find my self going them daily like Im looking for some type of sign from her that she’s still here. I know it’s crazy but my heart feels so empty and it does not feel like it’s getting better and I’m so tired of people calling saying you have to get out the house, do something you, have to let her go. My answer to them is why?

4. Dom

Dom New Member

The day after I posted this reply to you, on of my best friends died in a tragic accident, my world once again crushed. I wasn't feeling any better about losing my mother, but the circumstances around my girlfriend's passing have thrown me into an even bigger hole. I understand what you are saying and your feelings around mum. I sleep on her pillow that she took her last breath on. I look at photos and videos all night every night. Don't listen to the people that are telling us we need to get out of the house or we have to be a certain way. Take it hour by hour, that's been my outlook since i lost mum. Hour by hour xx wishing you so much strength and courage and healing. We will get to a place where the world will seem easier to live in, we just dont know when xxx good luck friend.

5. pisip2tu

pisip2tu New Member

How are you guys doing?
    It has been almost 6 months since I lost my mom and everything you discribe sounds so familiar. Yesterday I walked in the woods and tried talking to her..I am just so lost. To have someone you talk to everyday to not having her at all..how am I supposed to adjust to that.

6. Trisha F

Trisha F New Member

I lost my Mom August 1, 2020. I can tell you all that it doesn’t Just all of a sudden feel better like people expect it to. What DOES happen for us is we begin to learn a “New Life”. A life without Mom in it. It’s NOT EASY. Our Mom was our 1st Home, our 1st Friend, 1st nurse, teacher, chef, taxi driver.. even our 1st enemy. So to think that life will get “easier” without them is just silly. It doesn’t. Life just changes without them. We slowly learn how to “do life” without them. And it still hurts. All of our pain and tears are just a sign of our great love. Don’t allow anyone to rush you into learning your new life. Bless you all.

7. SaraP

SaraP New Member

I lost my mom a long time ago, when I was 51. I was devastated. For a long time, I cried every day. Nothing I did seemed to help me get past that.

At a certain point I was able to start having weekly private sessions with a professional grief counselor. That, too, was some years ago and I do not recall how long I saw her. I think it was a few months. I don't recall what she said to me. But after that, things got somewhat easier.

I still miss mom. And every once in a long while, I cry when I think about her. But over time, I managed to resume functioning normally.