*DAYTIME AND EVENING GENERAL GRIEF GROUPS AVAILABLE EVERY WEEK* CLICK HERE TO JOIN US!

Missing my dad

Discussion in 'Loss of a Parent' started by Collyko, Nov 19, 2020.

?

How do I grave but not be stuck I am having a very difficult time

1. Help me to find was to cope with loss

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. How to cope with loss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Collyko

Collyko Member

My dad died suddenly heart attack September 18- I having a difficulty getting past his death he was always my super hero I am very sad .

2. Collyko

Collyko Member

Hello my dad passed away on September 18 it been very difficult -esp since the holidays are coming our way.

3. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Hello Collyko, i can relate. I lost my dad too like 7 months bck. It's alryt. We all r in this long hard journey together. Time will heal the sore but the mark will alwaz be there. Eventually thingz will get better I suppose fr all of us.
    Love Appy

4. Collyko

Collyko Member

Hello Appy
    Thank you for your kind words
    I am trying to honor my dad in special ways donate to the to military and homeless vets in his honor

5. Vidya

Vidya New Member

Sorry for your loss Collyko. I lost my dad in India on Nov 4, 2020. I could not be there for him since there were no flights to India from the US due to the pandemic. I was on the phone daily with my dad on Whatsapp until Nov 2, when he was rushed to ER. I lost him on Nov 4. I just can't seem to get over the grief. I looked at his pictures daily and keep listening to his voice mails. I don't know how to accept death. It was the same feeling when I lost my mom on Dec 5, 2006. I am just not able to give any closure. I loved my parents. If death is the ultimate reality in life, why is it that we find it so difficult to accept it. What happens after death?
    I feel maybe it is ok to grieve everyday. It may be ok to cry a little every day. I may be wrong though. I just wanted to how I have been feeling everyday since I lost my dad on Nov 4, 2020. Hope God gives us the strength to bear the grief.

6. @APPY

@APPY Well-Known Member

Hello Vidya. This is Arpita from kolkata. Death is the ultimate reality , true but u see reality bites and stings and burns you harder than any surreal thingz. I am kind of waiting fr my dad each day i do not know wht is this wait for. I know he will never return still kind of waiting to meet him once. You can try Automatic Writing if you want a closure. I have no clue how to accept my dad's departure. Let me know if you have figured out something.

7. karenfd

karenfd Member

I am sorry about your dad. My dad died November 20, 2019. I am still having trouble trying to live in a world without him.